Project MotherHOOD with Kristina Maniaci
I am a full time New York mom working in the fashion industry with a rockstar husband.
1. Traditionally, the term motherhood is changing. How would you define MotherHOOD as it relates to you in this day of age?
Motherhood is more dynamic because moms are not giving up on their own ambitions. Knowing that your dreams can coexist with your children is a beautiful thing.
2. How do you manage your time between work, being a Mother and taking time for you? (If you get to do all three...)
I believe being a working mom is the best example to set for my children. It will shape their future, as well as mine but that doesn't mean it's not hard day to day.
It's important to have an identity outside being a mom so I do what I can to get some MOM time.
3. We do our best and can't do it all. Where do you allow yourself to be unapologetic as a Mother?
One of the biggest lessons I've learned as a mom is it is OK to say "No". That means to anyone... my work, my family, my friends, my own self.
4.How has Motherhood inspired you?
Motherhood has inspired me to be the best me and live my best life. That means in nutrition, travel, relationships and overall happiness.
5. What's your favorite beauty must do when you are feeling exhausted on the inside and on the go?
Any type of mask... they are easy to apply and don't limit my ability to be a hands on mom. The best part is my kids think they are hilarious and call me "monster mommy!"
6. A note of compassion you want to offer a Mother reading this.
There's a reason people say being a mom is the toughest job in the world. It's supposed to be hard. I purposely share my challenges with my girlfriends, and I am very open and honest about my struggle to balance it all but in the end it comes with the greatest rewards of all.
Thank you Kristina!